Terms and Conditions
The offer and sale of products with the brands "Superdry" or the like (the "Products"), marketed distributed and/or sold by Reviva Technology Proprietary Limited, registration number 2004/004006/07 of 160 Gunners Circle, Epping Industria, Cape Town, South Africa (“Seller”) as the exclusive distributor of the Products for and on behalf of DKH Retail Limited of Unit 60, The Runnings, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL51 9NW, United Kingdom, Company number 07063508 (“Superdry Principal”), through the superdry.co.za website (the "Site") are governed by these general terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions").
The Business Policy of the Seller
- The Seller offers Products for sale on the Site and makes available its e-commerce business services exclusively to its end users, which are qualifiable as "consumers" (users of the Site hereinafter referred to as "Buyers" and each of them "Buyer"). The term "consumer" shall mean any individual who is acting for purposes which are outside of trade, business or professional activity, on the contrary, the term “professional” shall mean any individual who is acting for purposes connected to the above mentioned activities.
- If the potential Buyer, does not fall under the legal definition of "consumer" but, on the contrary, can be qualified as a “professional”, according to clause 1.1, the same is advised to refrain from entering into commercial transactions on the Site.
- In view of its commercial policy, the Seller reserves the right not to process orders from Buyers who are not “consumers” and/or, however, any other order which does not comply with its trade policy and/or is not in line with the provisions hereinafter.
- These Terms and Conditions regulate the relationship between each Buyer and the Seller, with reference to the offer, transmission and acceptance of purchase orders for Products addressed to the Seller through the Site.
- These Terms and Conditions do not regulate the supply of services or the sale of products performed by third parties other than the Seller who is given visibility on the Site through links, banners or other hypertext links. Before submitting orders and purchasing products and services from these third parties, we recommend that the Buyers carefully verify the terms and conditions applicable to transacting with such third parties, since the Seller shall under no circumstances be deemed liaible for the supply of services and/or sale of products provided by third parties and/or, in general, the execution of e-commerce transactions between the Buyers of the Site and third parties.
How to enter into a contract with the Seller
- The Orders cannot be performed by minors and people with incapacity. The Buyer, in order to conclude the contract with the Seller to place an Order for the purchase of one or more Products on the Site (the "Contract"), will proceed by filling out the order in electronic format and as directed, (the "Order Form"), to be displayed to the Buyer and by forwarding this form to the Seller immediately before the conclusion of the Contract, electronically, following the instructions that will be reported in the different driving phases at the conclusion of the Contract.
- Before proceeding with the purchase of Products, through the submission of the Order Form, the Buyer will be asked to carefully read the Terms and Conditions and specifically the Returns Policy. Furthermore, the Buyer will be presented with a list of the commercial and contractual conditions proposed by the Seller for the purchase of Products, which contains a cross reference to the Terms and Conditions together with a summary of the data shown subsequently which data may include: main characteristics of each Product - object of the Orders - with an indication of the selling price in ZAR (inclusive of all applicable taxes and fees); methods of payment which the Buyer may use to purchase the Products; methods of delivery of the Products; methods of processing and handling of complaints by the Seller; shipping costs and delivery of the Products; the date by which the Seller undertakes to deliver the Products. The Seller shall also provide to the Buyer a summary of conditions and procedures for exercising the right of return, as well as the manner and the time frame for returning the purchased Products as set out and subject to the subject to the Returns Policy. The Buyer will also be informed of the circumstances in which the same can exercise its right to terminate the Contract. When all the conditions are met for the Buyer to exercise the right to return as set out in the Returns Policy, the Buyer will be charged for the return costs.
- The Order Form will provide brief information about the main characteristics of each product purchased, its price (including all applicable fees and taxes) and shipping costs (including any additional costs incurred for having opted for a specific type of shipment and different and/or faster delivery, if applicable, than that defined by the Seller as "standard"). The Contract is deemed completed upon receipt, by the Buyer, of the Order confirmation sent by the Seller electronically, after the Seller will have verified the correctness of all the information contained in the Order Form completed by the Buyer.
- Once received by the Seller, the Order Form will be filed in the Seller’s database for the time required to process the Orders, and in any case always in accordance with the law. The Buyer may access the Order Form, referring to "My order” section (if applicable).
- When submitting the Order Form, the Buyer will be notified that such submission implies the obligation to pay the price quoted. Before submitting the Order Form, the Buyer will be required to identify and correct any errors related to personal data; in any case, it is recommended to print and keep the Order Form.
- English is the language used for the Contract with the Seller.
- At the conclusion of the Contract, the Seller will process the Order to execute the Contract thereof.
- The Seller may not process Orders that do not provide sufficient guarantees of solvency and / or which are incomplete or incorrect, or in the event that Products ordered are no longer available. In the above cases, the Seller will inform the Buyer by e-mail, that the Contract may not be fulfilled and therefore the Seller cannot carry out the Order, specifying the reasons. In the event the Products displayed on the Site, are no longer available for sale when the Buyer last accesses the Site or at the time the Order Form is transmitted, the Seller must inform promptly, and in any case within thirty (30) days from the day after the date of receipt of the Order, of the unavailability of the Products included in the Order. In these cases, if the Buyer had already submitted the Order Form and paid the relevant price, the Seller will refund the Buyer the amounts paid by the latter and the Contract will be terminated. The Seller will not be required to reimburse any other amount to the Buyer, for any reason.
- By submitting the Order Form, the Buyer automatically accepts unconditionally and agrees to observe the Terms and Conditions during its relationship with the Seller. If Buyer does not agree with any of the terms in the Terms and Conditions, the Buyer should refrain from forwarding the Order Form.
- Once the Contract has been entered into, the Seller will by means of electronic mail send to the Buyer a confirmation receipt of the Order.
Purchase Price and Product Guarantee
- Only original and new Products are offered for sale on the Site and the Seller does not sell second-hand Products on the Site, Products not in conformity, flawed Products and/or otherwise Products that fail to meet the quality standards in the corresponding market.
- Notwithstanding the above, the Buyer acknowledges that the Seller is not the manufacturer of the Products, the Seller does not provide any guarantee as to the quality and suitability of the Products and accordingly the Seller shall have no liability (other than a potential acceptance of return in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and the Returns Policy) towards the Buyer for any defective or faulty Products.
- The main characteristics of the Products are shown on the Site on each "Product Page". The images and colors of Products offered for sale on the Site may not correspond to the actual products delivered for reasons which cannot be attributed to the Seller and, in any case, due to the Internet browser or any device used by the Buyers; The Seller expressly disclaims all responsibility and liability and the Buyer waives any claims it may have against the Seller in this regard.
- The offers of Products on the Site, and the related prices, are applicable as long as are visible on the website and while stocks last. The Seller reserves the right to vary the catalogue of Products at any time and without notice. The Seller is not required to avoid the impact of the Products variations on possible choices in progress and for orders not yet concluded. Possible variations in price will be applicable also to Products already placed in the cart for purchases not yet concluded before such variations.
- The purchase requests from Countries not included among those displayed under the section "Select your country" will not be accepted by the Seller.
Payment and ownership of Products
- For the payment of purchase prices of Products and relevant shipping and delivery costs, the Buyer may choose between one of the procedures indicated on the Order Form or during the order process.
- The price for the purchase of Products and the shipping costs, as indicated in the Order Form, will be charged to the Buyer’s bank account upon shipment of the Products purchased.
- For the avoidance of doubt, ownership of the Products shall at all times remain vested in the Seller up until such time as the purchase price for the Products have been paid in full (to the satisfaction of the Seller).
- Voucher codes are not applicable on promotion/sale items.
Product shipping and delivery
- The Seller will deliver the Products ordered to you via courier.
- Where it accepts your order, the Seller will deliver or will procure that an authorized third party or will deliver the Products to you as soon as reasonably possible, but no later than 30 (thirty) days of receipt of your payment (“Delivery Period”). The Buyer will be notified if the Seller is unable to deliver the Products during the Delivery Period. The Buyer may then, within 7 (seven) days of receiving such notification elect whether or not to cancel your order for the Products. If you elect to cancel your order, we will reimburse you for the purchase price paid for the Products.
- The Seller’s obligation to deliver any Products to you is fulfilled when delivered at the physical address nominated by the Buyer for delivery of the Products.
- If the Buyer finds that any Products ordered were not successfully delivered or omitted from the delivery as per this paragraph 5, the Buyer must notify the Seller in writing within 2 days of the date on which the remaining Products were successfully delivered.
- The Seller shall following receipt of a notification as aforesaid verify the information provided by the Buyer against the delivery records of the Seller. If determined by the Seller that all Products ordered were indeed not successfully delivered, the Seller will process and deliver such non-delivered Products as soon as reasonably possible.
Changes to these Terms and Conditions
- The Seller may, in its sole discretion and without notice to the Buyer change any of these Terms and Conditions at any time. Should the Buyer not be satisfied with any part of the Terms and Conditions, the Buyer is advised to refrain from entering into commercial transactions on the Site.
- Any such changes to the Terms and Conditions will apply to the use of the Site after the change is displayed or published on the Site. The use of the Site after the date on which the changes are displayed will be deemed acceptance of the amended Terms and Conditions.
Limitation of Liability
- The use of the Site is entirely at the Buyer’s own risk and the Seller expressly disclaims and shall not be held liable liability for any damage, loss or expenses, whether direct, indirect or consequential in nature, arising out of or in connection with the Buyer’s access to or use of the Site and/or any content therein unless otherwise provided by law.
- The Seller shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, special or consequential damages which the Buyer may suffer from or arising out of any cause whatsoever and the Buyer hereby indemnifies the Seller from any claims for damages or losses arising from or linked in any way to the Buyer’s use of the Site.
Circumstances beyond the Seller’s control
The Seller shall not be liable to you for any breach or delay in the performance of a Contract or processing of an Order Form attributable to any cause beyond the Seller’s reasonable control, including without limitation any act of God or natural disaster and unavoidable incident, actions of third parties, riots, civil commotion, war, hostilities, warlike operations, national emergencies, terrorism, piracy, arrests, restraints or detainments of any competent authority, strikes or combinations or lock-out of workmen or the any cause similar to or having the same effect as the causes stated in this clause 10 regardless of whether the circumstances in question could have been foreseen.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This Site is hosted, controlled and operated from the Republic of South Africa and therefore governed by South African law and the Buyer submits to the jurisdiction of the South African courts.
Reviva Technologies (Pty) Ltd trading as Superdry South Africa: SS21 Heritage Day In-Store and Online competition Terms & Conditions.
1.These terms and conditions regulate the promotional SS21 Heritage Day In-Store and Online competition (hereinafter the “Competition”) offered by Reviva Technologies (Pty) Ltd trading as Superdry South Africa (“Superdry SA”). Issue of the Competition is on the terms and conditions set out below, and participation herein shall be deemed acceptance by you of these terms and conditions.
2.To be eligible for the Competition, you must:
2.1. Either visit a Superdry store in the Republic of South Africa or the Superdry SA Website (www.superdry.co.za) during the competition period (as defined in paragraph 5 below) and make any purchase of a regular priced merchandise item. There is no minimum spend requirement.
2.2. Sign up or opt-in (as required by Superdry SA) for entry into the Competition. This opt-in will either be captured on your till slip (for in store purchases) or be prompted at the check-out process (for online purchases). You will also be required to add your email address to validate your entry.
3. The completed till slip entry will be dropped into the in-store visible entry box. There will be one lucky till slip drawn at each store to be combined with all Online entries, after which all selected entries will be passed through an automated and electronic randomizer to select the winner. The selection of the winner shall be final.
4. All till slip entries will be destroyed once the winner is selected and your personal information will not be shared with any third party or used by Superdry except as provided in terms of paragraph 7 below.
5. The Competition Period is valid from 13-26 September 2021.
6. You hereby acknowledge and consent that any Competition entries that are made by you as a result of visiting the Superdry SA website and making an online purchase, will be subject to the terms and conditions of the Superdry Website available at www.superdry.co.za, along with the terms and conditions as set out herein. Should there be any contradiction between the provisions of the Superdry SA website terms and conditions and provisions of these terms and conditions, then in such an instance the provisions of these terms and conditions shall prevail.
7. Processing of Your Personal Information
7.1.In accordance with section 18 of the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (“POPIA“) you are hereby expressly informed that by submitting your entry into the Competition you are providing Superdry SA with your personal information and that, by doing so and in terms of section 11 of POPIA, you hereby voluntarily and expressly consent to Superdry SA processing your personal information for the following purposes:
7.1.1 to provide or manage any information, products and/or services requested by you pursuant to your engagement with Superdry SA;
7.1.2. to establish your needs, requirements, and preferences in relation to the products and/or services provided by Superdry SA;
7.1.3. to allocate a unique identifier to you for the purpose of securely storing, retaining and recalling your personal information from time to time, regardless of whether you conclude an agreement with Superdry SA;
7.1.4. for general administration purposes pertaining to your participation in the Competition;
7.1.5. to improve the quality of Superdry SA’s products and services;
7.1.6. to analyse your personal information collected for research and statistical purposes;
7.1.7. to transfer your personal information across the borders of South Africa to other jurisdictions should it be required in the legitimate pursuit of Superdry SA’s business requirements;
7.1.8. to identify products and services which might be of interest to you, as well as to inform you of such products and/or services by means of direct marketing; and
7.1.9. to contact you in the event that you are declared the winner of the Competition.
7.3. You are further informed of your right to object to the processing of your personal information, however, should you so object you hereby acknowledge that your participation in the Competition will be cancelled, as the processing of your personal information as set out herein is a mandatory requirement for your participation in the Competition.
7.4. In terms of section 69 of POPIA, you are hereby informed of your right to object to the processing of your personal information for purposes of direct marketing. An objection as envisaged in this paragraph 6.4 will have no effect on your participation in the Competition. Should you indicate on your Competition entry that you consent to direct marketing from Superdry SA, you are entitled to withdraw such consent at any later stage and such a withdrawal of consent shall not have any effect in your participation in the Competition.
8. We reserve the right to amend the terms and conditions, and hold void, amend or cancel this offer or the Competition without notice or liability.9.Individuals eligible for the competition: The Competition is open to residents of the Republic of South Africa who are over 18 years of age. Directors, employees, agents (including advertising agencies) of Superdry SA, and their immediate families are specifically excluded from entry. 10 winners in total
10.Competition disclaimer: Superdry SA, and their associated companies, directors, agents, employees, and contractors assume no liability whatsoever for any direct or indirect loss, damage, death, personal injuries, defamation, invasion of privacy or claims based on publicity rights arising in connection with this promotional offer through the Competition.11.System Failure: No member of Superdry SA shall be responsible for lost, delayed, misdirected, internet or computer malfunctions, errors in transmission or any condition beyond the control of Superdry SA which may cause the Competition to be disrupted or corrupted..
12.Any violation or attempt to violate any of the above terms and conditions will result in immediate disqualification of the participant or entrant.
1. Issue of the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. The promotion is subject to customers visiting Superdry stores or www.superdry.co.za and valid on regular priced merchandise only.
3. To be eligible for the promotion, the recipient must:
- visit a Superdry store and purchase a pair of selected men’s pants and a men’s polo and receive a free gift that has a value of R699. The gift can be any pair of Superdry flip flops or slides available at the time of qualifying purchase.
- visit the Superdry website (www.superdry.co.za) and purchase selected men’s bottoms or men’s polo shirts to qualify for 25% off.
4. The promotion is valid from 11-20 June 2021, or while stocks last.
5. We reserve the right to amend the terms and conditions, and hold void, amend or cancel this offer without liability upon the occurrence of events or circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
6. Individuals eligible for the promotion: The promotion is open to SA residents who are over 18 years of age. Directors, employees, agents (including advertising agencies) of Superdry South Africa, and their immediate families, are excluded from entry.
7. Promotion disclaimer: Superdry South Africa, and their associated companies, agents and contractors assume no liability whatsoever for any direct or indirect loss, damage, death, personal injuries, defamation, invasion of privacy or claims based on publicity rights arising in connection with this promotional offer.
8. System Failure: No member of Superdry South Africa is responsible for lost, delayed, misdirected, internet or computer malfunctions, errors in transmission or any condition beyond the control of Superdry South Africa which may cause the competition to be disrupted or corrupted.
9. Any violation or attempt to violate any of the above terms and conditions will result in immediate disqualification of the participant or entrant.
10. These terms and conditions are available online at https://www.facebook.com/SuperdrySouthAfrica/ as well as www.superdry.co.za